VAT included at the legal rate in force.
The Sunrise is a complement to our tours and has an extra cost associated as we have to leave the hotel around 06am to get to Caniçal ( Miradouro Do Rosto ).
It is possible to see the sunrise from two points.
One of them is accessible to wheelchairs (although there are some limitations).
The second one is on an elevated place, so it’s necessary to use my equipment.
The Miradouro do Rosto , is located in Caniçal.
Caniçal is a fishing village where tuna fishing has long prevailed and where all the fauna associated with the practice of the sector is rooted.
Its name derives from the abundance of canes ( reeds ) that used to live in the most arid area of Madeira Island, being once one of the reference instruments for the main socio-economic activity of the locality: fishing.
We can say that our desert, in a green island.
From this viewpoint we have an excellent panoramic view over this area, and in good weather we can see Porto Santo.
This spot becomes very windy, so it is a place that we must always have some attention.
This complementary add on can be used as a tour.
As a half day or full day tour.
Half day we finish around 9am and return to the Hotel and if it is a full day, we finish around 1pm and return to the Hotel.
If it is to end around 5pm you have the complement of the day + half day.
It is only available for Private Tours.
In this tour you can then add breakfast, lunch at selected locations.
Please contact us for further information.
Additional options to the tour:
- Off road wheelchair: €60.00
- Wheelchair or Scooter: €60.00
- Guide-interpreter (only available on private tours): €250.00
- Snack with traditional products for adults: €12.00
- Snack with traditional products for children: €12.00
- Snack with traditional products for diabetics: €12.00
- Seats for children aged 5 to 12: free
- Wear comfortable clothing and footwear
- Bring waterproof if necessary
- Bring sunscreen, a few hours of the day, the sun can burn.
- Bring water/snacks
- We recommend using our equipment as many of the routes are not prepared for manual chairs or electric chairs.
- Our equipment is prepared to climb stairs and do all-terrain.
- We are not responsible if customers’ equipment malfunctions, becomes out of battery, or becomes stuck.
- If it is necessary to remove the chair from the customer, he will be responsible for the costs of the operation.
We stop at various places where they sell drinks, snacks, regional items. Customers are not required to consume, or buy, but if they do, they help the regional economy.
- 2 people in manual wheelchair and 4 people seated
- 1 person in a manual chair and 5 people seated
- 1 person in electric wheelchair and 4 people seated
- 1 person in wheelchair for all-terrain and 3 people seated
- It is possible to make this Tour with manual or electric chair and with electric scooter however there are limitations in access to some locations.
- Not all accessible locations allow the entry of electric chairs or scooters.
- There may be delays at the start or end of the Tour due to external situations such as traffic and a lot of influx of people.
- Tours may need to be cancelled or changed due to special conditions such as weather situations or lack of safety conditions.
- In the case of cancellation we offer the option to rebook the Tour or we will refund the money.