Private Tour € / Cruise Tour €
- Half Day: 250,00€
Private Tour £ / Cruise Tour £
- Half Day: 213.81 £
Private Tour $ / Cruise Tour $
- Half Day: 289.28$
* Off-road wheelchair / Scooter included in the price
VAT included at the legal rate in force.
The Haystack Gardens are famous not only for the variety of plants that grow there but also for their location in the hills east of Funchal.
Madeira Island has long been known as a “Garden” and it seems that everything grows in its fertile soil.
In Funchal many tropical plants have found their home and visitors can see hibiscus and bungavíleas in bloom almost all year round along with jacarandas, forest flames, coralines and bauinias in their own seasons.The Palheiro Gardens are 1,650 feet above sea level.
While most tropical plants do not get along at this altitude, the variety of plants that progress is detachable due to fresh air, often dampened by fog, encouraging rapid growth.
The original owner, the first Count of Carvalhal, planted many trees on the property and started the collection of camellias, some of its tree plantations are from 200 years ago and can still be observed today.
- Departure at 9:00 / 9:30
- Arrival at 14:00 / 14:30
- Haystack Gardens 🚾♿🚻
Comparison of the type of tours
Additional options to the tour:
- Off road wheelchair: €60.00
- Wheelchair or Scooter: €60.00
- Guide-interpreter (only available on private tours): €250.00
- Snack with traditional products for adults: €12.00
- Snack with traditional products for children: €12.00
- Snack with traditional products for diabetics: €12.00
- Seats for children aged 5 to 12: free
- Wear comfortable clothing and footwear
- Bring waterproof if necessary
- Bring sunscreen, a few hours of the day, the sun can burn.
- Bring water/snacks
- We recommend using our equipment as many of the routes are not prepared for manual chairs or electric chairs.
- Our equipment is prepared to climb stairs and do all-terrain.
- We are not responsible if customers’ equipment malfunctions, becomes out of battery, or becomes stuck.
- If it is necessary to remove the chair from the customer, he will be responsible for the costs of the operation.
We stop at various places where they sell drinks, snacks, regional items. Customers are not required to consume, or buy, but if they do, they help the regional economy.
- 2 people in manual wheelchair and 4 people seated
- 1 person in a manual chair and 5 people seated
- 1 person in electric wheelchair and 4 people seated
- 1 person in wheelchair for all-terrain and 3 people seated
- It is possible to make this Tour with manual or electric chair and with electric scooter however there are limitations in access to some locations.
- Not all accessible locations allow the entry of electric chairs or scooters.
- There may be delays at the start or end of the Tour due to external situations such as traffic and a lot of influx of people.
- Tours may need to be cancelled or changed due to special conditions such as weather situations or lack of safety conditions.
- In the case of cancellation we offer the option to rebook the Tour or we will refund the money.