The Toy Museum is located in the premises of the Warehouse market and presents the collections of old toys by José Manuel Borges Pereira, enriched with some contributions from other private collections.
This collection has about 20 000 pieces where the visitor can observe toys of national and international manufacture dated between the end of the nineteenth century until the days, with particular emphasis on the collections composed of dolls, soldiers, miniatures, automobiles and games.
The collections of the Madeira Toy Museum are exhibited throughout 7 rooms, namely:
- Portuguese toys;
- Miniatures, Cars, Trucks and other vehicles;
- Military, Aircraft, Fire and Motorcycles;
- Star Wars, Action Man and other collection pieces;
- Super Heroes and Micro Machines;
- Games room and didactics.